Tuesday 8 May 2012

How did you attract/address your audience?
Firstly, my magazine has a mutual house colour scheme and will therefore appeal to both genders and allow my magazine to appeal to a broader audience. Furthermore, this reflects the genre of the magazine as I have used colours such as red, black and white and these can also be seen in my competitive magazines of the same genre like NME and Q. This is therefore a large selling point of my magazine as it will allow my audience to identify what genre my magazine belongs to, but also for them to establish a relationship with the magazine.

Additionally, I have continued with the idea of the magazine being multi-sex and this can be seen in the contents where there is a band index which includes bands that are most likely to appeal to any reader of this magazine. This signifies that my magazine will offer something for every reader, and feed their desire for knowledge and give them all the information they need. Moreover, the advertising of exclusive interviews and content lures the audience into choosing my magazine as it offers something that others cannot. This promotes the star image of my magazine and how it stands triumphant over its competitors and gets the most wanted content for its eager readers.

As the target audience of my magazine is fairly young, I have ensured that my magazine is in touching distance of the zeitgeist of social media. I have done this buy creating a number of different ways for readers to access the contents of the magazine such as on Facebook, Twitter and YouTube. I have also created a website for my magazine and this will allow regular readers to register as a member for the chance to be e-mailed free monthly downloads. Also, the when studying and looking into my target audience, I discovered that the age range for my magazine was between the ages of 16-25. From this, I denoted that the majority of people in this age bracket are more than likely going to own a smart phone. I then took the choice to make an app available for smart phones so that they can keep up to date with the magazine and what is going on in the music industry whilst on the go.

The articles in my magazine are also personal to the artist that I have interviewed and have a heavy conversational tone. I have done this so that the audience begins to create a personal relationship with the interviewee as they feel as though they are the third person in the conversation. Furthermore, have this comfortable and relaxed tone means that the audience achieve their sense of escapism and get the opportunity to let go of their daily struggles as they read into and enjoy hearing about the lifestyles and performances from the artists they love.


No comments:

Post a Comment