Monday 31 October 2011

At the start of this week we were given a task completion sheet, and this gave us a heads up and insight into every task we were going to have to complete right up until the end of the task. We had freedom to choose what order we would like to do these tasks in, but we just had to make sure that everything was completed. I decided to start with the 'Target Audience' task and chose to display this as a Prezi presentation.
       The target audience task was to be an in depth analysis of who my magazine is going to be aimed it much deeper analysis than I had previously done so in my proposal. Although, the fact that I had previously made the proposal that also vaguely highlighted who my magazine was aimed at meant that I already had described who my magazine is intended to be aimed at but now just needed to go into deeper detail. In addition, I also had to address how and why my magazine will appeal to this audience. I found this resourceful as it meant that I had to do research into how other magazines of the same genre make sure their magazine appeal to their audience and I then used this research to give myself ideas on how I'm going to do the same thing.
       During this task, I also used the information that I had gained from my polls to reflect what the population expect from a magazine and how I can then fulfill their needs. I think that the poll was very successful as it gave me a clear insight into what people of my age expect from a magazine, although, to extend myself further I believe that I should conduct the same poll on people of different ages and social classes to narrow down my audience even further.  Another objective on this task was to find out the interests of my audience and how I am going to feed their interests in my magazine.
       Finally, I had to think about how I was going to advertise my magazine in order to promote it and get it out to my desired audience. I drafted that I was going to hand out free magazines of the first issue in hot-spots for my desired audience like Westfields. I think this could be a good idea as this is where people of my target audience are most likely to be and as it's free, they will take one and if they then enjoy the magazine, will come back for more and start to build a relationship. To complete my target audience task I am going to film an interview based clip where I will ask questions to someone who is part of my target audience in order to receive even more feedback and give an interactive feel to my work.
     

No comments:

Post a Comment