Monday 31 October 2011

Over half term we were set the homework of completing three more tasks from the list that we were given in the previous week. The tasks that we were to complete were: a mood board, name ideas for the magazine and the colour scheme for the magazine. All of these were to be taken equally as important as the actual construction of the magazine as these tasks are vital for planning and laying down the foundations for our magazine.
      Firstly, I completed the mood board as I found this a very simple task. Although it was simple and easy to complete, I still believe it to be of importance as it gave me a clear insight into what relates with the genre I am going into and what things I should include in my magazine. I used images of bands who are popular in the indie genre, of indie fashion and of festivals in my mood board as all of these things are items that are most commonly seen in indie magazines as they are of the interests of the readers. I then went on to research images from photoshoots that would inspire me when I do my photoshoot. I found images of indie artists that particularly caught my eye due to them being abnormal and artistic. From this task I took away what things I need to include in my magazine in order to compell my audience but also ideas for what I can do in my photoshoot to capture a successful image.
     I then drafted name ideas for my magazine which I feel is a critical process as the name is what the audience build a relationship with and need to remember. Thus meaning that the masthead has to be both suitable but relevant to the genre. I came up with four suitable ideas for my magazine title: Immaculate, In the Indie, Symbol and Heritage. I then stated why I chose them and what impact these words would have on the audience. This again was all constructed on a Prezi presentation.
      Finally, was the colour scheme task where I had to plan which colours I would be using throughout my magazine and what effect and purpose they would serve. I chose to use the colours red and blue for the more decorative articles and to highlight the vitally important news and the special edition interviews and these colours will show change from the simple black font used for everything else. However, black font will still be used most frequently as it gives the magazine a sophisticated and professional feel. I believe the colour scheme to be very important as it gives the magazine a unique feel and also gives the readers something to notice and gain a pragmatic understanding with.

No comments:

Post a Comment