Tuesday 15 November 2011

Article Draft

My article draft was completed prior to the actual production of my magazine on Microsoft Word so that I could make use of the spell-check property which is not present on Adobe Photoshop CS3. I believe this to be a key factor for the reason why using Microsoft Word would be more beneficial than Adobe, because if I were to make multiple spelling mistakes and grammatical errors on my draft, it would make my magazine look unprofessional and as if someone inexperienced had produced it. I cannot afford for this to happen as I want my magazine to look professional and errors are something that are never present in well established magazines. Additionally, I believe that this is where the previously knowledge gained by the analysis of double page spreads comes in useful, as I now know exactly what needs to be included in order to produce not only a successful magazine, but also what the audience wants from my magazine in order to keep them choosing my magazine over competitors. Finally, I will easily be able to copy and paste this draft over onto my magazine which will be time efficicent. Photoshop will then be used to pick an appealing font and wrap the text around images if it is needed to. This is why I believe that Photoshop is much more effective for the design and layout of the article, but in comparison to Microsoft Word, it is a lot weaker for the use of the actual text.

No comments:

Post a Comment