Sunday 27 November 2011


This week in media I completed the drafts for the contents, double page spread and front cover. I did these tasks firstly by drawing them out on plain paper with rough ideas of what I would want my final product to look like. I believed this task to be relatively easy, because of my past experience of creating a music magazine last year in Media Studies. However, this also adds pressure onto me as I want to further myself and do better than I did previously. Moreover, I got the ideas for each of the pages from the magazines in the same genre and how they create each of these pages. I could then see the generic factors that had to be included on each one of these pages and decided to draft them into my rough sketches. I feel that is vital that I include all of the common codes and conventions of the indie genre in my magazine as it is what defines your magazine as to being from that genre and also separates it from looking like a comic.
       Plus, I also completed my slideshow on the mise-en-scen from my photoshoot, which highlights what props and clothing I used and why I chose to do so. I think that the clothing used in the photoshoots is essential as the clothes need to have a link to the genre so that the audience can have a relationship with it. Additionally, indie magazines are known for being stylish and having a close link with fashion. Therefore, the clothes worn need to be stylish and sleek in order to keep a strong relationship growing between the reader and my magazine.
        Finally, I created my article draft this week and this was to display what kind of interviews are going to feature inside of my magazine. I chose to take great care with my article so that when it came to adding the article to my real magazine, I can either crop parts out or add more to the backbone of the article, saving me both time and effort. I asked questions that the audience are more than likely going to want to know; this makes my article seem more appealing and the fact that I would advertise it as being an ‘exclusive’ adheres to this thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment