Monday 21 November 2011

Before I started the draft of my magazine, I had a vague idea of what I wanted to create and this therefore saved me a fair bit of time. Firstly, it is essential that all magazines have a large, and gripping cover image and this is what I attempted to convey in my poor drawing. Moreover, I made sure that the main sell-line linked tightly with the main image to therefore signify the importance of the main artist but also drive into the reader that my magazine can get the biggest artists that other magazines cannot offer. Next, the additional sell-lines were places along the left hand side of the page and the box around them draws attention to them and further highlight what major artists are going to be included in my magazine. Similarly, the masthead comes of great importance as it is pivotal that it is large, bold but also recognisable. I believe that I adhered with the common connotations of the word 'Heritage' because my font was old looking but also formal. Finally, information like the web-site, price and email as this is the key information needed to fulfill the needs of the reader and also to keep them informed on how to stay in contact and up to date with the magzine.

No comments:

Post a Comment