Sunday 6 November 2011

I began this week by deciding on which name I was going to use for my magazine from the previous task of streaming mast-head ideas I had completed last week. I settled on the name 'Heritage' as I believe it reflects sophistication from the common connotations of royalty but also familiarity because of the common ideology of heritage being some that we gain naturally. Therefore, I think my name choice is successful and that I just need to make the logo and font iconic so that people can build a relationship with my magazine, but also recognize it just by seeing the logo.
       As I had picked a mast-head that I was now happy with and was appropriate, I could now start deciding on how I would want it to appear on my magazine by drafting up some ideas on Adobe Photoshop. I began by selecting which font I wanted to use. I believe the font to be vitally important as it needs to be both eye-catching, but still recognizable and iconic. I selected a wide range of fonts to play around with to give myself of ideas. The fonts were also put into different colours to see what they would look like in the house colours of my magazine. Finally, I used 'Blending options' on the texts in order to apply effects like strokes and bevels to trial what designs I could possibly use for my mast-head. I think the task of drafting up possible logo's is useful as it gave me an idea of what I need to do when creating my final product.
       Finally, during this week it was my turn to do the photoshoot, and make sure I gained the appropriate images for when it came around to the time of creating my magazine. It was pivitol that I created a variety of images but also interesting ones too, which I noticed through my task where I looked for 'Inspirational photos' which guided me to what kind of image I wanted to have. I had a range of props and clothing to add diversity to the pictures. The use of a time-lapse camera was also a good idea to reflect how the shoot when and to highlight to the audience what I had done to create the images.

No comments:

Post a Comment