Sunday 20 November 2011

This week I did my second photoshoot and decided to do a shoot outdoors instead of another studio shoot. I believe that this added variety to my wide selection of images and therefore gives me a greater choice of images for when I come to create my magazine, and will be able to use a variety of shots on numerous pages.
             The second shoot took place at my brother's house in Southampton but also around where he lives as there is a lot of scenery that made for a very entertaining, but ultimately successful photoshoot.
               I began the shoot in the garden of my brothers house as it has interesting foliage and shapes in the fencing which I was able to use to create intreging images and poses upon. I believe it is most important to generate an image that will trap the viewers attention and draw them into reading the magazine by having an abstract image. During the shoot I used a lens which blurred the background but still brought the clear focus onto the model. This again added a variety of shots to my arsenal compared to the last shoot, but also added to the quality of creating an image that will be unusual. I think the lens was successful in doing this as it brought out some great images that I am undoubtedly going to use.
               After I had taken a good quality of images in the garden, we decided to move out to the local park. The park seemed to be produce a catalogue of great images as there is a vast amount of scenery to work with. I took shots alongside a bench, playground toys and some without props to yet again provide a variety to the shots I produce. I feel as though this shoot was largely successful as it revealed some jaw-dropping images that will generate the exact feeling I want to out of the audience: shock.
                To conclude, I feel as if so far I have collected enough images to produce a good magazine, but I do not want to just settle for a 'good' magazine and instead want to push myself as far as I can in order to get the greatest results out of it. Therefore, I am more than likely going to do another photoshoot at some point with different models again and different scenery in order to keep my wide-spread choice of iamges growing.

No comments:

Post a Comment