Tuesday 1 November 2011

Name Designs



The design and experimenting of mastheads was a vital part of the production of my magazine as the masthead has to be eye-catching and significant as it is what the audience will recognise you by and they will then gain a personal relationship with not only the name, but also the text. Therefore, I took time in creating a variety of fonts but also effects using Photoshop CS3. I attempted using both drop and interior shadows, strokes, but also bevels and emboss. Although, before I started any of my designs it was necessary to decide on a name, and I chose to use 'Heritage' as my name as it has common ideology of being powerful, class and superiority. These positive and strong connotations adhere to the ultimate aim of my magazine, which is to be successful. Overall, I believed this process to be useful as it has not only given me a name for my magazine, but also what I want my masthead to look like and what conventions are needed in order for it to be effective and appealing to the audience.

No comments:

Post a Comment